There aren’t pews in first few rows of St. David’s Episcopal Church. Instead, there are several chairs (which match the pews) that can be easily arranged to form a circle.
And that’s exactly what happens Sundays at 11 a.m. for the church’s Celtic Eucharist.
Rev. Elaine Breckenridge explained that the purpose of a Celtic service is to invite people into an informal worship setting so that spirituality can be explored in a communal setting.
The service also includes Celtic music, prayers and readings – all drawn from ecumenical sources.
According to a brochure from the church, “Celtic Christianity was and is a ‘way of seeing’ which teaches that God may be found, heard and experienced everywhere in all things.”
The Sunday Celtic services are somewhat new to St. David’s, but the monthly services (fourth Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.) have been around awhile.
More information is available at www.stdavidspokane.org.
- Ecumenical Good Friday service celebrates the Easter mystery
- VIEWPOINTS: What’s your favorite scripture and why?
- Note to readers
- Palm Sunday, as I have experienced it, seems anemic
- Buddhist, Christian holiday fall on same day this year
- After Trayvon Martin case, churches say ‘stereotypes cost lives’
- Everyone is beautiful
- Spokane’s religion wrap-up: Easter baskets, genealogy, Passover and Tutu
- The night we betray Jesus
- Dalai Lama wins Templeton Prize for work on science, religion
- It appears to be #Science Friday on SpokaneFāVS. #Atheist writer @RJDownard responds to a reader about air, the atm… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- The @ForgottenCarols - a theatrical production, comes to @INBPAC Center Thanksgiving weekend bit.ly/2irxhEx #Spokane 4 hours ago
- The Toxic Connection between Mass Murder and Domestic Violence | SpokaneFāVS - eepurl.com/c_SY6D 5 hours ago
- Re-publishing this op-ed from our friends @ctnewsjunkie on the correlation between #domesticviolence and mass shoot… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Free #Thanksgiving dinner Nov. 22 at the #Spokane Convention Center for the #homeless, hungry or alone… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago