There aren’t pews in first few rows of St. David’s Episcopal Church. Instead, there are several chairs (which match the pews) that can be easily arranged to form a circle.
And that’s exactly what happens Sundays at 11 a.m. for the church’s Celtic Eucharist.
Rev. Elaine Breckenridge explained that the purpose of a Celtic service is to invite people into an informal worship setting so that spirituality can be explored in a communal setting.
The service also includes Celtic music, prayers and readings – all drawn from ecumenical sources.
According to a brochure from the church, “Celtic Christianity was and is a ‘way of seeing’ which teaches that God may be found, heard and experienced everywhere in all things.”
The Sunday Celtic services are somewhat new to St. David’s, but the monthly services (fourth Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.) have been around awhile.
More information is available at www.stdavidspokane.org.
- Ecumenical Good Friday service celebrates the Easter mystery
- VIEWPOINTS: What’s your favorite scripture and why?
- Note to readers
- Palm Sunday, as I have experienced it, seems anemic
- Buddhist, Christian holiday fall on same day this year
- After Trayvon Martin case, churches say ‘stereotypes cost lives’
- Everyone is beautiful
- Spokane’s religion wrap-up: Easter baskets, genealogy, Passover and Tutu
- The night we betray Jesus
- Dalai Lama wins Templeton Prize for work on science, religion
- Lots of local events listed on our community calendar - check it out! spokanefavs.com/calendar/ #Spokane 20 hours ago
- What do you think? Can #yoga be #Christian? bit.ly/2tQPheB 2 days ago
- Libby Kamrowski on "#Singing Welcome: Hymns and Songs of #Hospitality to #Refugees and @Immigrants" by @HymnSociety… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @MatthewKincanon writes about #IREHR President Devin Burghart's recent presentation at #Gonzaga University.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- How do I become a Buddhist? Read the answer in today's #SpokaneFAVs Ask a Buddhist column. bit.ly/2s6GyVT… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago